Malaysia Company Formation for Foreigners & Work Permit

Local Council License Malaysia

Local Council License Malaysia for Foreigners

Local Council License or PBT is a simple license which you need to get from the concerned Local Authority where your company’s physical office/shop will be situated. This license is MANDATORY for all companies even for local Malaysians as well.

To apply Local Council License, first of all you need to have a “Tenancy Agreement” / Lease Agreement or ownership grant. If you are Foreigner, you can get office/shop on rent. You can request “Tenancy Agreement” from the owner/real estate agent under your Sdn Bhd company name. Make sure the owner is not defaulter in the local council. If the owner of the office/shop is defaulter, first he/she will be required to clear his outstanding taxes with the Local Council then only such premise can be allowed for business operations.

How to get Tenancy Agreement or How to find office/shop on Rent

To get tenancy agreement, first you need to search the reasonable/suitable office for rent in your chosen area.

Remember; Malaysia is NOT only the name of Kuala Lumpur. In Kuala Lumpur, normallythe rental are high. But if you little bit out of Kuala Lumpur, for example; Selayang, Melaka, Seremban, Ipoh..the rentals are very low. Some times our clients get big office just in RM300 in other states.

You can search hundreds of properties through internet. We recommend “

For Tenancy Agreement, the owner/real estate agent may require your Sdn Bhd company’s documents ONE set along with your passport copy. QADKAM will provide you ONE SET of all documents of your company for Tenancy Agreement.

After getting Tenancy Agreement, simply visit the Local Council office of the area where you got your office/shop. For example; If you got your office in KL area, it comes under DBKL and if you got your office in Pandan area (Pandan Indah, Pandan Jaya, Desa Pandan, Pandan Perdana etc..) it comes under MPAJ (Majlis Perbandaran Ampang Jaya).

The approval processing time for business licenses application by foreigner varies between 4 to 8 weeks, depending on the type of license.

QADKAM may guide you how to get Local Council License in a speedy way!

As a foreigner, before you start your business in Malaysia, it is advisable to have a complete understanding to the type of licenses required for your intended business. This enables you to have a a hassle free solutions and avoid costly mistakes, starting from the very beginning when you register a Malaysian Private Limited Company (SDN BHD).